There are dozens of specific effective search engine optimization tips for your WordPress site. To a newcomer in web development and publishing, these â€˜helpâ€™ lists of 100+ SEO techniques are daunting and sometimes out of reach. These Top 5 WordPress SEO Tips are a great first, valuable step.
1. Content. Content. Content. Creating interesting, genuine and sometimes controversial content is the first step in having visitors return to your site. Donâ€™t just use the plug-and-chug method of loading poorly written articles with keywords. Instead, write content worth reading while consciously including keywords.
2. Keywords are key. Be selective and specific when choosing keyword phrases. Keyword phrases should at least appear in the title and in beginning and ending paragraphs. Putting keyword phrases in your title tag and page title, as well as in your HTML code (META tags) are beneficial for SEO.
3. Use clean URLs. URLs that are easily readable by humans are also more easily accessed by search engine spiders.
Ditch the www.fakeseocorp.com/=3365d9647b?&category=tipsandtricks style, and adopt the much more aesthetically pleasing www.fakeseocorp.com/tipsandtricks.
4. Link your site internally. Linking different pages within your site is one of the simplest SEO techniques. By linking visitors around your site, you are increasing individual page traffic, increasing PageRank, and allowing spiders to access all pages on your website.
5. Spread the word. Create social media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook, for your website. Also, submit your website to social news sites like Digg, discovery engines like StumbleUpon, and reputable search engines. These all allow search engines to find your site more readily and will increase traffic.
Thereâ€™s an enormous amount of SEO tips, tricks and tools available on the Internet. Itâ€™s important for a web development newcomer to realize that SEO is not a set one technique, five techniques or 500 techniques. SEO is a varying, synergistic structure, with a strong base of simple techniques.
Think of this Top 5 WordPress SEO Tips as the necessary starter kit for an evolving search engine optimization toolbox. When implementing more complicated SEO techniques, it is beneficial to consult an SEO specialist or veteran web developer.
WordPress is without a doubt one of the most popular open source platforms available for blogging. Thanks for nice sharing..
Yes. WordPress is ruling now. Good matter for seo, wordpress had lot of seo pulgins.
Interestingly, I did read a post by Matt Cutts which suggested leaving them dofollow, although general SEO opinion is to keep them nofollow.
I think it’s definitely down to the individual and the site in question. As always, SEO is about testing, testing and retesting, and what we can learn from that